Hi, I am Megan Griffith, Millennial, mom, and mental health advocate. Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I started this blog in 2018 as a way to share my thoughts on what it’s like to be a dysfunctional 20-something.
As someone who lives with depression, generalized anxiety disorder, and a shame-based personality born of little “t” childhood trauma (not to mention living in a time of intense political upheaval), I am pretty dysfunctional. I found myself struggling to function, and I wanted a space to air all of my dysfunctions. By doing so, I hoped to strip them of their power over me and let other dysfunctional 20-somethings know they weren’t alone. I’m happy to announce that this blog has been a moderate success on both counts.
I am learning to function in an incredibly dysfunctional world, and I want to help others do the same. Sometimes that looks like meaningful posts investigating my harmful coping mechanisms, and other times that looks like silly posts on how I dye my hair. Insight is important, but so is fun. I’m here to bring both. I hope you enjoy.
10 fun/useless facts about me:
- I’m the oldest of 4 kids (this might seem like one of the useless facts, but every stereotype you’ve ever read about oldest kids 100% applies to me, so it’s actually very informational)
- Two years ago I graduated with my Bachelor’s in Speech Pathology and immediately abandoned it to get my Master’s in Creative Writing
- I’m obsessed with ice cream, especially Graeter’s (an Ohio specialty)
- My husband and I used to live with his parents, but we just bought a house!
- I’ve been in therapy for over 5 years now, and I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone
- I am a Hufflepuff and if you have anything nasty to say about that I will bake you cookies until you either change your mind or choke 🙂
- I’m also a Gemini…yeah, sorry about that one, I get it
- I’m a full-time freelance writer, and I couldn’t be more grateful and amazed that I get to live this life that I used to dream about as a kid
- I sometimes eat blocks of cheese. Like, I just bite into them until they’re gone.
- I’m really happy you’re here reading my blog. Seriously, thank you for supporting people like me, we couldn’t do what we do without you