I saw Kate do this over on her blog Kate Hearts Life, and thought it would be super fun! If you want to do it too, tag! You’re it! The questions are in the first comment below!
1. How are you attempting to maintain sanity?
So. Many. Walks. And random drives to nowhere when my son gets fussy.
2. Are you quarantining with anyone?
Yes, my husband and 5-month-old son.
3. Show & tell: Show off anything and everything you’ve made/accomplished during quarantine.
Went through my clothes, helped my son make his first painting, and did my hair and makeup exactly once.
4. Favorite quarantine meme.
5. Last person you texted.
My siblings, to remind them to pay me back for buying Mom’s Mother’s Day gift, lol.
6. Last person who texted you.
My siblings, to assure me they will in fact pay me soon.
7. Who is the last person you video called with?
My mother-in-law and my nephew!
8. What are you most excited to do when it’s all over?
I just want to go on coffee dates with my little sister again.
9. Do you have any quarantine goals?
Not really; it’s not a great time to set goals for me. I’m trying to bake more and walk more and write more, but I don’t have any definite goals because my only real goal throughout all this is to survive it without sustaining too much damage to my mental health.
10. Most consumed snack or food?
Definitely brownies. So many brownies.
11. What substances are you using/abusing?
Coffee. I have at least one large coffee every day, sometimes two or three. Before quarantine, I only had coffee once or twice a week.
12. What has been the worst part of quarantine?
Getting through some of my son’s crankiest, fussiest, angriest days without any outside help.
13. What has been the best part of quarantine?
All of the extra time with my husband and my baby.
14. What is the meaning of life?
Oh goodness, I have no idea. I’m actually quite prone to existential crises because I can’t always find an answer to this question. But very generally, I suppose the meaning comes from making meaning. Like reading a really good book. Life itself is beautiful and horrific and mundane, but it becomes meaningful when you interpret it through the unique lens of your personhood.
15. If you could go anywhere right now where would you go?
I’d go get a pedicure, for sure.
16. What is your daily average screen time?
I’m a grandma and don’t know a good way to check that. My phone says the last full charge was 3 days ago and screen usage since that last charge has been 6 hours, 49 minutes, so like 3 hours a day? That seems way too low, but I’ll take it.
17. Last thing you purchased?
Batteries, bigger sleepers for my son, and a new charger for my husband’s beard trimmer.
18. What are your most used apps & websites?
Definitely Instagram (@meganwriteseverything , follow me!)
19. Last song you listened to?
Country Roads by John Denver
20. Best movie or TV show you watched recently?
Oh man, we’ve watched so much good stuff during quarantine. I actually think I’m going to make a blog post soon to recommend some of my favorites, but one that really surprised me was Clue (Amazon Prime).
21. What’s the last game you played?
Jackbox games with my best friends via Zoom.
22. Last google search?
“my experience with therapy” for my Ultimate Guide to Therapy blog post.
23. Last phone note?
I have a grocery list last updated in February…I’m not great about using my phone notes, I tend to grab pen and paper.
24. Last youtube video you watched?
I think it was the new episode of Chump from Rooster Teeth, Who Got Drunk at a Tequila Factory?
25. What do you miss most about life before the pandemic?
I miss sleepovers with my sisters. Yes, I’m 25, but my sisters are some of my favorite people and I love when they stay over and we make no-bake cookies and look at memes all night.
26. What is something new you’ve tried or done during this time?
I actually made homemade baklava! It was insanely delicious and we ate it much faster than I’m willing to admit.
27. Are you reading anything good?
My dude, YES. I’m currently reading Audre Lorde’s Sister Outsider, which is a collection of essays and speeches about poetry, discrimination, difference vs. otherness, the theory of logic and emotion, and so much more. Seriously, half of this book is underlined.
28. What are you grateful for today?
I’m so grateful for my son’s laugh. He’s such a happy baby and I feel so lucky to be his mom.
29. Where was the last place you’ve gone to that isn’t home?
I went to Chipotle to get burritos on Cinco de Mayo.
30. What is something new you’ve learned during quarantine?
That Nair was invented in 1940. That’s insane! I assumed it wasn’t around until the ’80s!
31. Most absurd/ridiculous thing you’ve done during quarantine?
Stayed up until 4am on TikTok when I have a baby who wakes up at 8:30am.
32. A fear?
This will continue for a year or more and my son and I will miss so many things I wanted to do with him while he’s little.
33. A wish?
I wish that all of the graduating seniors/grad students/med students/etc. find ways to make this time special right now. I can’t imagine not walking at my high school or college graduations.
34. Does anyone you know have/had the virus?
Yes, but they’re okay now and as far as they know, they didn’t infect anyone else!
This was super fun! If you want to do it too, the questions are available in the first comment below. I’d love to read other people’s quarantine questions, so please feel free to post this on your blog too!